Two filmmakers attempt to portray each other: a mutual gaze to lessen the gap that divides two people. An act of love. Like love, portrayal hinges on an exchange that is mutual but not equal. As the viewer follows the two women through nature and buildings, a letter is being read to us describing the experience of creating the images we see.
The film was shot three months after Christina Stuhlberger and Chloë Delanghe, the two makers, met for the first time. The two had an instant connection that would grow exponentially in the weeks to follow. This experience fueled their desire to explore the connecting force inherent to all human relationships.
- CINEMATEK, Seeing in the Dark, curated by Anouk De Clercq (2016) BE
- Beursschouwburg, An evening with Auguste Orts #10 (2015) BE
- Filmer a Tout Prix (2015) BE
- Greylight Projects, A Cozy Mystery With Bite, curated by Niels Poiz & Astrid Mingels (2015) BE
- Vision Du Reél, Premiers pas (2015) CH